Total Pageviews

Labels

Sunday 19 April 2015

Some of my inspirations!

I adore colour and since I am a rubbish artist this is probably why I love crochet as I can indulge this love into my form of artwork. I would have to say I find the majority of my colour inspiration from flowers. I adore flowers, I am always buying myself bunches for the house (note to husband!). They can have the most amazing colour combinations and just seeing them makes me want to hook some crochet. Most recently I have made these flower coasters which I wanted to make in the colour combinations of my favourite flowers.


From the top in this picture we have marigold, forget me not, daisy, aster, poppy, sweet pea and pansy. I will probably start making some more once the spring and then summer flowers are all in force, I might not be able to stop!

 

These coasters were hooked using Stylecraft Classique Cotton DK an are really quick and easy to make, Being cotton too makes them washable which is perfect for the inevitable tea stains! I have shared the pattern for free here on my blog, if anyone fancies hooking them maybe you could try you own colour combinations and share them with me on my facebook page www.facebook.com/lovedottycrochet
Happy hooking!
Kelly@Lovedotty

No comments:

Post a Comment