Total Pageviews

Labels

Friday 5 March 2021

Pattern - Mini Rainbow Bunting

Mini crochet bunting, I love you! I am sightly addicted to making these little triangles. They are fab for brightening up a shelf or a nook.

I made my first set a couple of years ago when I made my sister and brother in-law's wedding cake. I used the little bunting as a topper to spell out their names!

I then made some again for my boy's fifth birthday cake, again spelling his name and age.

I thought I would share the pattern with you and you can keep them basic or customise as you like!


Pattern in UK Terminology

Hook - 4mm

Yarn
Cotton 4ply in whatever colours you wish to use.
I used Scheepjes Catona in rainbowy colours, with a White to join.

Measurements
The little triangles measure 3cm x 3cm


Triangles

With any colour, make a magic ring

Row 1 - Ch1 (does not count as a st throughout), 2 dc into ring, turn and close the ring (2 sts)

Row 2 - Ch1, 1 dc in each st up to last st, 2 dc in last st, turn (3 sts)

Row 3 - Repeat Row 2 (4 sts)

Row 4 - Repeat Row 2 (5 sts)

Row 5 - Repeat Row 2 (6 sts)

Row 6 - Repeat Row 2 (7 sts)

Row 7 - Repeat Row 2 (8 sts)

Row 8 - Repeat Row 2 (9 sts)

Fasten off and weave in ends
Make as many as you like to make the bunting as long as you need it. For the bunting in the picture I made 4 of each of the 6 colours and that gave me a length of 120cm bunting

Making up

With white, ch25
Pick up 1 triangle and dc in each of the 9 sts along the top, ch6, pick up next triangle and dc in each of the 9 sts along the top, repeat until you have used all your triangles, finish with ch25 and fasten off
Tip - keep this bit loose so the bunting keeps it shape and hangs nicely 




Ta-dah! All done!
If you make this bunting, I'd love to see your finished makes!
Tag me on Instagram, @lovedottycrochet 


© All images belong to Kelly of lovedotty unless otherwise stated. Please link to pictures, content or DIY's if used on your own website. Crochet patterns are written by Kelly of lovedotty unless otherwise stated, please link to original post if used on your own website. Feel free to sell the finished product that has been created from the pattern, if sold via a website, please link to lovedotty blogspot. However please do not publish patterns in full or as your own, unless agreed by Kelly of lovedotty
 

5 comments: