Total Pageviews

Labels

Sunday 12 April 2015

For Sale!

I am so excited to announce that my crochet pieces are now being sold in a shop in Norwich!
I have my very own little shelf in the Norwich Gift Emporium which, for anyone who would like to pop along is in Lower Goat Lane (next to Beaujangles).
I have always wanted to sell my pieces commercially but always something I held back from, after all it is pretty scary putting your designs out there. But then I thought 'what the heck' and I have already sold some stuff!
Items for sale will be my lovely coasters which I have documented on here before (designs by myself, using cotton DK yarn - pattern for the cupcake coasters still available for free here on my blog)

Next I whipped up some of these lovely daisy pin cushions (pattern by Nikki Trench, using cotton DK yarn)
As we have just had Easter, I also added these little egg cosies (pattern by Nikki Trench, using Stylecraft Special DK)
I also had these lovely strawberry necklaces on a long chain (pattern for strawberry by Maki Oomachi, using Sirdir Calico DK and design by lovedotty) which you will see in the main picture (didn't take a separate picture, doh!)

I probably haven't mentioned this but before lovedotty, I had spent 10 years making and selling jewellery at craft fairs under the guise Butterfly Blue! I did and do still love designing and making jewellery but there is so many jewellery makers out there it got harder and harder to stand out from the crowd.
I have never been one for simplicity so was always striving for something unique that I could say I have designed myself. This is why I love crochet so much, give me a hook, yarn and an idea and you can create something so unique and 'yours'.
Anyway there are still a few jewellery pieces in my collection that I had designed that I was so proud of and hadn't seen anywhere else and these were my picture rings, bangles an necklaces, so I have added these to my shelf always. Kinda looking forward now to digging my jewellery tools out to make some more!
 

 

I hope you wish me luck with this new venture!
Happy hooking
Kelly @ lovedotty

2 comments:

  1. Wow fab news Kelly, you have taken the plunge. I looked into it last year for my cards and chickened out. I wish you every success. x
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Lorraine. Oh no go for it! I got such a confidence boost when I sold stuff! X

    ReplyDelete