Total Pageviews

Labels

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Crochet Coaster Crazy

Hiya, one of my new years resolutions was to display at more craft fairs this year so with this in mind I have been thinking of crochet goods I could make and sell. They would need to be fairly easy and quick to hook, practical and look fabulous! This brought me to coasters!
I made a few batches of coasters for Christmas presents last year in a lovely leaf design which I found in Inside Crochet magazine. 

They were really enjoyable to make so I have whipped up some more batches for my stock. I thought a cotton yarn would be best to use as it is washable and looks so neat and tidy. I plumped for Stylecraft Cotton DK Classique (my new addiction)

Whilst crocheting these I had loads of ideas whizzing around in my brain as to what I could design myself, an occupational hazard of a crafter! Being a bit girly and loving all things vintage, I adapted some of the stitches I used in the leaf coaster to make a round, vintage doily type coaster. Just the right size to fit a teacup and saucer on for afternoon tea! 

I used Stylecraft cotton again, I love the feel of this yarn when I crochet!

Next up was something more fun, I thought what goes lovely with a cup of tea? Cupcakes of course, so I designed these lovely pastelly cupcake coasters, again using Stylecraft cotton. 

I absolutely love them, so much so I thought I would share the pattern here on my blog!

All coasters will be available to buy from any craft fairs I attend (although I haven't booked any yet!) and hopefully via Etsy in the Spring.

Happy hooking!
Kelly@lovedotty

No comments:

Post a Comment