Total Pageviews

Labels

Wednesday 28 January 2015

New Year Projects

Now Christmas and all the projects that go with it is over, I am able to choose new projects to get stuck into in the new year. I have spent the last 2 months itching to get started on these, but knew I had to finish the Christmas decorations and presents that I had planned.

I seem to have several projects on the go at once, which is something I usually like to try and avoid! First up is my attempt at a large filet crochet project. I love trying new styles and I think the effect of filet crochet looks amazing. I had only made coasters before so I decided to do a table runner. I found a great pattern in Inside Crochet magazine and chose DMC Petra in yellow as my yarn. I really enjoyed this project, sometimes it is great following a pattern and I found this one flowed quite nicely. I am pleased with the outcome, I just need to press it and then decide where in my house to put it!
 

Next up is a 'work in progress' still, I have decided to make myself a cardigan. I haven't made many clothes before and new year means trying new things. I plumped for DROPS Eskimo yarn, again in yellow (I love yellow!). This is a lovely thick and affordable yarn which comes in many striking colours, perfect for my cardigan.
I will keep you posted on how this comes along, I get a feeling it may take me a while!!

Lastly I made some lovely leaf coasters as Christmas presents, again the pattern was from Inside Crochet. I was really pleased with how easy they were to hook and lovely the finished project looked I have decided to make a load more as potential sale items for either my Etsy page or for a craft fair. I used Stylecraft cotton DK weight yarn for these and I have to admit cotton is my favourite yarn to crochet with at the moment, I am a little obsessed with it!
Hopefully I will continue and finish these projects, however knowing me I will probably start something else new!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Kelly you have been busy. I love the table runner, it's very pretty and must look amazing IRL and your cardigan is a lovely colour and will look fab in that chunky yarn. How you manage to get all this done with a baby and home I'll never know. I spend a lot of time in my room making cards and items for my stall but never seem to get ahead on my orders list.... and then there's the housework :/
    Take care,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! I'm very lucky to have a little boy who is very well behaved! I admit I do most of my crochet when he has gone to bed but also carry my crochet everywhere with me! That is the beauty of it!

      Delete
  2. Love the cardigan colour! Cant wait to see how it turns out!! Xx

    ReplyDelete